You will provide, during this 16 month contract, in house project control services, by assisting the management of the cost function of the project.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
- Manage the project cost management system (PRISM)
- Maintenance and control of the project budget.
- In conjunction with the Lead Cost Engineer, liaise with all managers to ascertain costs and schedule impact of trends and changes.
- Maintenance of the trend and scope change programme and register
- Preparation of data for monthly and regular costing reporting.
- Assist in the preparation of the Cost Engineering standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Advice to the Project Controls Manager and project team of results of cost data analysis.
- Monitor and maintain the EP and Owner’s cost forecasts.
- Maintain the project Risk Register.
- Attend regular cost reviews and prepare data for inclusion in the Definitive Estimate.
- Prepare detailed commitment and cash flows.
- Coordinate with peers as required in contracts, procurement, construction, and detailed engineering in the Vancouver office.
- You must be legally eligible to work in Canada (Permanent or Canadian Citizen)
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Engineering, or Construction Management preferred.
- 10+ years of project cost control experience.
- Experience in all phases of the project life-cycle, from feasibility study to commissioning and start-up.
- Proven capability to undertake all aspects of project controls.
- Proficient with project controls specialist software and generic database & spreadsheet software.
- Expert working knowledge of ARES Prism Cost Management software is essential.
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure, manage competing priorities, and achieve project deadlines.
- Self-motivated and capable of working with minimum direct supervision and adapting to changing circumstances.